Friday, August 14, 2009

Dreamz Unlimited

I've always wanted to write a book..
I don't know when exactly the budding desire started to develop within me,
but the saddest part is that it still remains a desire and nothing fruitful has flown down from my thoughts to paper
There is a problem here..just a small one though..
What shall i write about?

Should i write a murder mystery like the ones by Christie, the queen of crimes? My detective would be a Portuguese called Shercule Hoirot and would have a square-shaped head very unlike Poirot's classic egg-shaped one.

What about a fast paced thriller on the likes of Sidney Sheldon? Something about how a woman rises from poverty to being the President of a powerful country? Would it make a racy thriller? Who knows, it might be made into a hollywood movie too..

No, let me try my hands on Romance, the favourite subject of any woman. A moving romantic tale that would even surpass the beautiful love story of Ayn Rand's "We the Living". Who can ever forget the unrequited and passionate love of Kira for Leo?

Come on, now..the latest hottie is Dan Brown. His meticulous research work on da Vinci and the Vatican was the secret of his success. Maybe I should choose a similar subject to work upon too. Would Van Gogh make an interesting topic? What about Michael Angelo?

As these crazy thoughts run through my head, I receive a sudden spark of enlightenment.

I realize that I could never become a writer (a good one at that) if I only wanted to imitate the works of great authors. In fact, that would be plagiarism if I was ethical enough to consider it.
All the above mentioned authors were deemed great not because of the way that words formed from their thoughts but because those thoughts occurred to them in the first place.
I also console myself that this is probably a commonplace problem of any amateur writer. And if i tried hard, my creativity would take over and my pen would start flowing.

I wait patiently for the day to happen

I've always wanted to write a book..
There's just this small problem..
What shall i write about?

1 comment:

karthi said...

great post y dont u try adsense!!!! :D

-karthik